Today, August 8, 2012, is the two-year anniversary of struxtravel.com! I’m extraordinarily proud of my blog’s growth, especially in the past year. I’ve had hundreds of thousands of readers from 179 countries around the world… from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, and just about everywhere in between.
Although I have several ongoing series, my “Top 10: Things To Do” posts continue to be the ones that attract the most readers. I’m sure this is because people like searching for easy to read bullet points about a destination when they are researching a trip. Below are the most popular posts from the past year. You can click on the links to read (or re-read) the stories. It’s always interesting to see what people like!
Top 10 Posts by Page Views:
- Top 10: Things To Do in Istanbul, Turkey (up from 2nd place last year.)
- Snapshot: Granada, Spain (down from 1st place last year)
- Top 10: Things To Do in South Beach (up from 6th place last year.)
- Top 10: Things To Do in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Top 10: Things To Do in Lisbon, Portugal
- Top 10: Things To Do in Sedona, Arizona
- The Road To Dual Citizenship
- Off The Beaten Path Europe: Gradara, Italy (down from 3rd place last year.)
- Snapshot: Siena, Italy (down from 4th place last year.)
- Snapshot: Sao Miguel, Azores, Portugal
- 239 Published Posts (up from 152 last year)
- 4115 Comments & Replies (up from 1751 last year)
- 1729 Twitter Followers (up from 1259 last year)
- 652 Facebook Fans (up from 175 last year)
- 285 People have me in their Google+ Circles
This past year I hit a couple of big milestones. The first was the launching of StruxTravel: The Travel Agency back in April. One of the primary purposes of my blog has been to share my experiences and inspire others to travel too. So, it seemed like a logical step to expand the StruxTravel brand into travel sales as well. Now, anyone can contact me for personalized service & travel consulting and I can book the vacation of your dreams too! I also started my own private label website, where you can book flights, cruises, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages on your own, as well. It works just like Expedia, Travelocity, and Orbitz, is very user-friendly and easy to navigate. Go ahead, give it a try!
My second most exciting moment of this past year was traveling to Peru. Seeing the Inca ruins of Machu Picchu has been a life-long dream of mine, and last month I did just that. I’ve written a few stories about my adventures so far, including The Journey to Machu Picchu, The Cuisine of Peru, Looking Back at Peru and Perspectives: El Circuito Mágico del Agua. I have countless more articles to share, so stay tuned.
Every day struxtravel.com continues to evolve. As you can see by my Bucket List, there’s still a lot of traveling left in me! I want to experience as much of the world as possible. I have a couple of big ideas for my next trips abroad and am also planning some more domestic travels as well.
None of this would be possible if it weren’t for my family, friends, loyal readers and the amazing travel blogging community. I truly appreciate every comment, Facebook “like”, Tweet, Stumble, and all of the other forms of social media and communication. I look forward to the next year and to see where this adventure will take me next.