It’s Wednesday so that means it’s time for another “Where in the world am I?” photo challenge! Like in weeks past, I’ll give no clues up front, but will periodically tweet and post clues on my Facebook and Google+ pages to help you out. So, if you don’t already follow me on Twitter, click HERE.
Do you know where this photo was taken?
- Leave your guess here on my blog only (not on Facebook or Twitter) by Friday, September 2nd at noon (PDT)
- I’ll be giving out hints via Twitter & Facebook throughout the day on Wednesday and Thursday.
- One guess per hint (i.e.: with each hint, you can leave a new guess).
- One winner will be randomly selected from those who answer correctly and will be featured on my Facebook Fan Page, Twitter and Google+ Page with his/her name, blog (if applicable), twitter, as well as a brief bio.
- Anyone can participate!
Here are the clues I’ve given so far:
|1) “Dinny” the Apatosaurus is 45-foot (14 m) high and 150-foot (46 m) long.
2) Construction on Dinny started in 1964 and took 11 years to complete.
3) A second dinosaur, a Tyrannosaurus Rex, was constructed near Dinny in 1981.
4) Several scenes of a popular movie from the 1980s were filmed here.
5) Other big things are in the area too—a huge casino and a giant outlet mall.
You’re not done yet! Be sure to check out Budget Travel Adventures where you can play along with more fun photo challenges.
* Please note: Moderation is turned on for this contest and all comments will need to be approved before they are posted. No need to resubmit your comment. This way, no one will steal your answer!
The answer and winner of this week’s challenge:
I knew this would be an easy one, and I was right—ten people answered correctly! This photo shows Claude Bell’s Dinosaurs, roadside attractions on the north side of Interstate 10 in Cabazon, California, just a few miles outside Palm Springs. You may remember the them from the 1985 film, “Pee Wee’s Big Adventure.” Visitors can go inside of Dinny where, strangely enough, there’s a gift shop and museum promoting creationism.
Like I said, ten people answered correctly this week. However, after randomly selecting a winner, congratulations are due to Rick at Tippling Tourist! Rick believes that life is best enjoyed in a t-shirt, shorts and flip flops…traveling the world…drink in hand. Tippling Tourist is about those times, places and Rick’s approach to travel; along with his effort to sustain that vacation state-of-mind throughout everyday life.
Here was last week’s photo, correctly identified by Jenna Francisco of This Is My Happiness as the Margaret Mitchell House in Atlanta, Georgia! Margaret Mitchell is the author of the Pulitzer-Prize winning novel, Gone With The Wind.