It’s Wednesday so that means it’s time for “Where in the world am I?” again! Last week, I gave no clues along with the photo but two people still got it correct. This time around, I’m trying something new—I’ll give no clues up front, but will periodically tweet clues to help you out. So, if you don’t already follow me on Twitter, click HERE.
One winner will be selected from those who answer correctly and will be featured on next week’s “Where in the world am I?” contest, on my Facebook Fan Page and on Twitter with his/her name, blog, twitter, as well as a brief bio.
You’re not done yet! Be sure to check out Budget Travel Adventures and guess where in the world Jeremy and other travel bloggers are too. You can even play along every Wednesday by entering your own blog onto Jeremy’s site.
Here are the clues I’ve given so far via Twitter and my Facebook Page:
|1) It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
2) Much of the city was destroyed by an earthquake in 1667.
3) This city is located on a beautiful blue bay surrounded by steep black mountains.
4) In World War 1, it was one of three major bases for the Austro-Hungarian Navy.
5) The city was plundered by the Saracens in the year 840 CE.
6) The city is located on Europe’s southernmost fjord.
The answer & winner for this week’s “Where in the world am I?”
It was a lot harder this week, but thanks everyone for all of the participation! Several people were very close by guessing Dubrovnik, Croatia. However, the correct answer is Kotor, Montenegro. Kotor is about an hour’s drive south of Dubrovnik, located on what’s called “Europe’s southernmost fjord.” I thought more people would have gotten it by clue #3, since Montenegro literally means “black mountain.” The first person to get it right was Jeremy of Budget Travel Adventures, but I’ll give shout outs to Annika Hays, Josh Kirwood and Jonny for getting it right too.
* Please note: Moderation is turned on for this contest and all comments will need to be approved before they are posted. No need to resubmit your comment. This way, no one will steal your answer!